Friends of Riverside Park
Friends of Riverside Park established in 2006 to revitalize and promote Janesville's historic scenic park. Friends is a 501c3 non profit organization. We have donated over 10,227 hours and $64,498 towards the improvement of the park.
"Working to restore, revitalize, and enhance Janesville’s scenic river parkland"
BECOME A FRIEND TODAY
Visit our link below for membership form: Print and mail form to Friends of Riverside Park, 1163 N. Parker Drive, Janesville WI 53545
Membership Brochure (PDF)
Contact any board member for further information.
- Restored scenic overlook and lilac circle
- New play equipment
- Reopen the upper road
- Reopen the wading pool
- Reopen North Restroom
- Helped restore Devil’s Staircase
- Shuffleboard Courts (4)
- Horseshoe Pits (2010)
- New Roof on the North Pavilion (2010)
- Tennis Court Restoration (2011)
- Removed invasive plants and trees (Devil's staircase, nort end area) (2012)
- Upgraded electrical of pavilions (2012)
- Refurbished shuffleboad benches (2012)
- Install pier (North Pavilion) for water recreation access
- Restore South Artesian well
- Open concession stand
- Maintain the historic buildings and structures
- Install new picnic grove
A new maintenace building was constructed the spring of 2012 by the Janesville Parks Department! It is located NW of the South restrooms.
We have many different volunteer opportunities to match your skill and interest. These areas include landscaping, research, membership, and fund raising. Need a place for your group to volunteer? We schedule work days throughout the year. Contact us at 608-563-4454
Meeting Times and Dates
Notice Notice Notice
Friends of Riverside meetings held the Third Wednesday each month
@ The Commercial Bank, 1400 Blackbridge Road, Janesville, 6:00 PM.