Picnic Groves and Pavilions
The City of Janesville allows groups or individuals to reserve a picnic pavilion or picnic grove for family reunions, picnics, wedding receptions, etc.
Riverside Park features two covered picnic pavilions and three uncovered picnic groves. Picnic groves are a reserved area of the park provided with four picnic tables, a park grill, and trash receptacle (no shelter, drinking water, rest rooms or electricity) on a cement pad.
- 2016 Rental Fee: $70/resident or $80/non-resident
- Seating Capacity: 100
- Restrooms: Building adjacent to pavilion
- Water: No
- Grills: 1 large grill next to pavilion
- Amenities: Splash pad, playground, shuffleboard, horseshoe pits
- 2016 Full Pavilion Rental Fee: $115/resident or $145/non-resident
- 2016 Half Pavilion Rental Fee: $70/resident or $90/non-resident
- Seating Capacity: 200 (full)/100 (half)
- Restrooms: Building across the street
- Water: Fountain available in pavilion
- Grills: 2 large grills next to pavilion
- Amenities: Playground
The fee for pavilion reservations varies with size, residency, and location. Please note, reservations are not available from October 15 to April 15 of each year. Reservations are made in person on a first-come basis beginning in January of each year.
In 2013, the Janesville City Council passed an ordinance allowing beer/wine in the following restricted areas by permit only in conjunction with a pavilion rental. These include: Riverside Park North pavilion, Riverside Park South pavilion. A beer/wine permit must be completed and accompanied with a $50 fee. This must be done at least 3 days prior to the date of your rental event.