The Friends of Riverside Park, a 501(c)3 non profit organization, was established in 2006 to revitalize and promote Janesville’s historic and scenic Riverside Park. In the past decade, the Friends of Riverside Park has donated over 10,227 hours and $64,498 and counting, towards the improvement of the park.
To revitalize, preserve and promote Janesville’s historic Riverside Park.
2017 Board of Directors & Officers
- Bill Truman, President
- Sandy Hendricks, Treasurer
- Art Boehning
- Dave Cress
- Jim Schmeling
The Friends of Riverside Park’s goals are to revitalize the park through infrastructure improvements while preserving and promoting the historic value natural beauty; enabling it to once again be used to its full potential.
Some of our future goals:
- Restore South Artesian well
- Open concession stand
- Maintain the historic buildings and structures
- Installed new picnic groves
- Restored scenic overlook and lilac circle
- Repainted all six shuffleboard courts (2016)
- New play equipment and new adult/child expression swings (2016)
- Shuffleboard scoreboards replaced (2016)
- New splash pad (2015)
- Installed pier (North Pavilion) for watercraft recreation access (2014)
- Reopened the upper road
- Reopened the wading pool
- Reopened North Restroom
- Helped restore Devil’s Staircase
- Removed invasive plants and trees (Devil’s staircase, north end area) (2012)
- Upgraded the electrical at the pavilions (2012)
- Refurbished shuffleboard benches (2012)
- Tennis Court Restoration (2011)
- Horseshoe Pits (2010)
- New Roof on the North Pavilion (2010)
Become a Friend of Riverside Park
We have many different volunteer opportunities to match your skill and interest. These areas include landscaping, research, membership, and fundraising. Need a place for your group to volunteer? We schedule work days throughout the year.