Picnic Groves and Pavilions
The City of Janesville allows groups or individuals to reserve a picnic pavilion or picnic grove for family reunions, picnics, wedding receptions, etc.
Riverside Park features two covered picnic pavilions and three uncovered picnic groves. Picnic groves are a reserved area of the park provided with four picnic tables, a park grill, and trash receptacle (no shelter, drinking water, rest rooms or electricity) on a cement pad.
The fee for pavilion reservations varies with size, residency, and location. Please note, reservations are not available from October 15 to April 15 of each year. Reservations are made in person on a first-come basis beginning in January of each year.
- 2017 Rental Fee: $75/resident or $85/non-resident
- Seating Capacity: 100
- Restrooms: Building adjacent to pavilion
- Water: No
- Grills: 1 large grill next to pavilion
- Amenities: Splash pad, playground, shuffleboard, horseshoe pits
- 2017 Full Pavilion Rental Fee: $120/resident or $150/non-resident
- 2017 Half Pavilion Rental Fee: $75/resident or $95/non-resident
- Seating Capacity: 200 (full)/100 (half)
- Restrooms: Building across the street
- Water: Fountain available in pavilion
- Grills: 2 large grills next to pavilion
- Amenities: Playground
- 2017 Rental Fee: $30/resident or $40/non-resident
- Amenities: The park features three (3) picnic groves. Each provides provide 4 picnic tables, trash barrel and grill – no shelter, drinking water, rest rooms or electricity.
Reservations and more information
In 2013, the Janesville City Council passed an ordinance allowing beer/wine in the following restricted areas by permit only in conjunction with a pavilion rental. These include: Riverside Park North pavilion, Riverside Park South pavilion. A beer/wine permit must be completed and accompanied with a $50 fee. This must be done at least 3 days prior to the date of your rental event.